Here are the steps...
1. Buy 2" foam (also bought at Joann), individually or by the yard
2. Draw lines on the foam to fit the chair and saw off the excess with a serrated knife (I used a bread knife)
3. Lay foam on folded section of fabric
4. Cut fabric, leaving a one inch border on the folded side (front of chair seat) and 2 inch border on the other sides
5. Sew sides of rectangle together using a 1" seam allowance.
6. Pin and sew the corners of the square
7. Sew strips of fabric for the ties. Turn them inside out and finish the ends. Attach to the the open end (back of chair seat), leaving a 9" opening for the velcro strips.
8. Pin and sew strips of velcro to the 9" opening
9. Turn right side out, stuff the foam inside and close the velcro opening
10. Voila, cushions are complete and our bottoms are much more comfortable :)
On a side note, here's me as a pumpkin and Frankie as a Giants fan (I made his costume myself! Hope everyone has a fun and safe HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! I'm spending it sitting on the couch hoping for a few trick-or-treating kids. :D