Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hello blog and new pillows (in the making)

So I told myself awhile ago I would start my own blog about fashion, sewing, crafting, cooking, baking, etc. Basically all of the hobbies that keep me entertained and keep me from lying on the couch watching HGTV reruns of Property Brothers or Love it or List it all night long (although I've just realized, I will probably be blogging from my couch...) I've recently found some spare time since moving to a new city and starting a new job, so I decided it's about time I start my blog. I've been following other amazing blogs wondering how they have time to write such witty posts and take/post pictures every day. Well, I am by no means going to be that girl taking pictures of herself in a cute outfit before work everyday. I work in a hospital where it doesn't really matter how cute you look. Besides, I wouldn't want to risk a cute outfit getting covered in MRSA! (Yes, nerd alert! In case you were wondering, MRSA = Methicillin Resistant Staphylococus Aureus). At best I will try to post once a week. :) 

I haven't had much time to accessorize my living room since moving, so my first project will be sewing pillows for my sectional sofa (which in case you are wondering is the Devlin sectional sofa from Jennifer Convertibles). 



Don't mind the collection of stuffed animals things! The sofa came with these boring beige pillows...which is fine if you like boring beige, but I'm all about COLOR! Here's a sneak peak of the fabrics I'll be using...



And for you crafty folks out there - Happy National Sewing Month! May your month be sew special! (sorry couldn't help myself)




2 comments:

  1. Such a cute craft idea! Lovely colors and print fabrics that you chose for your pillows =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the fabrics too. I just had to have them when I saw them. :)

      Delete